Dr. Lawrence Koep has been in private practice since 1981. He currently is a Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of Arizona and has served as a lecturer since 1981. Dr. Koep was previously at the University of Colorado as a Transplant and Vascular Surgeon as well as Associate Professor of Surgery from 1976-1981. He received his medical degree from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in 1970. He completed his surgical internship and residency and a transplant fellowship at Johns Hopkins Medical Center in 1976. Upon his arrival to Phoenix he revitalized the transplant program at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center.
Dr. Koep offers pancreas surgery and treatments for pancreatic cancer. In relation to the kidneys, Dr. Koep offers kidney transplantation and surgical treatments for kidney disease. When liver disease is present, Dr. Koep offers liver transplant procedures and surgical treatments for liver tumors.
Dr. Koep is Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Koep has published numerous articles and book chapters. He is a member of the following societies:
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Arizona Medical Association
- Johns Hopkins Medical Society
- Maricopa County Medical Society
- Phoenix Surgical Society
- Transplantation Society
Dr. Koep has privileges at the following hospitals:
- Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
- Phoenix Children's Hospital
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center